06 November 2009

Curious

What exactly is this about? This does appear to be a genuine military setting, presumably somewhere in Iraq. But I can't imagine the Pentagon is too keen on men in uniform holding hands like boyfriends. Although heterosexual male hand-holding is perfectly acceptable in many Mediterranean and Middle Eastern cultures, it's fairly taboo in the United States and Western Europe.

That issue aside, I wonder if whoever designed the Under Armour-style camouflage long-sleeve shirt that the bloke on the left is wearing knew how hot it makes a lad look when he has a nice broad, muscular chest and a flat stomach. His tag says his name is Bland, but he's anything but.

4 comments:

  1. Hum I don't know but they are too hunks

    ReplyDelete
  2. BuffaloTim20:16

    I think that it must be part of a prayer circle.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous07:52

    I think BuffaloTim might be correct that it's a shot of a prayer circle, probably before moving out. It could be they're just dicking around and "acting a fag" for the camera, but their difference in rank (PFC vs SSgt) leads me to believe that that they're not battle buddies on that level. So I vote that it's an "Our Father before we ride."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous01:23

    Yes, very amazing torso (but I'm afraid ruined by silly tattoes !) and the manly face to go well with. It would be ridiculous he were "friend" with the little fatty bloke he is holding by hand.

    ReplyDelete

Speak up!